Lesson:63 我 很少 看。
I seldom see it.
Text 1
A: 你 很少 生病,是不是 喜欢 运动?
You seldom get sick. Do you like sports?
B: 是啊,我 每天 早上 都 要 出去 跑步。
Yes, I go out for a run every morning.
A: 你 每天 几点 起床?
What time do you get up every day?
B: 我 每天 六点 起床。
I get up at six every day.
A: 晚上 你 常 做 什么?
What do you often do in the evening?
B: 复习 课文,预习 生词,或者 做 练习。有时候 上网 跟 朋友 聊天儿 或者 收发 伊妹儿。
Review the text, preview new words, or do exercises. Sometimes I chat with friends or send and receive emails online.
Text 2
A: 我 也 是,我 还 常 看 中文 电影 和 电视剧 的 DVD。你 常 看 吗?
Me too. I often watch DVDs of Chinese movies and TV plays. Do you often watch it?
B: 我 很 少 看。
I seldom see it.
A: 星期六 和 星期日 你 做 什么?
What do you do on Saturdays and Sundays?
B: 有时候 在 宿舍 休息,有时候 跟 朋友 一起 去 公园 玩儿 或者 去 超市 买 东西。
Sometimes I rest in the dormitory, sometimes I go to the park with my friends or go shopping in the supermarket.
Chinese Character and Word.
发 /fā/ 每 /měi/ 收 /shōu/ 课文 /kè wén/ 早上 /zǎo shàng/ 晚上 /wǎn shàng/ 宿舍 /sù shè/ 超市 /chāo shì/ 起床 /qǐ chuáng/ 复习 /fù xí/ 电影 /diàn yǐng/ 东西 /dōng xi/ 电视 /diàn shì/ 生词 /shēng cí/ 练习 /liàn xí/ 聊天儿 /liáo tiān r/ 休息 /xiū xi/ 公园 /gōng yuán/ 跑步 /pǎo bù/ 或者 /huò zhě/ 预习 /yù xí/ 收发 /shōu fā/ 伊妹儿 /yī mèi r/ 电视剧 /diàn shì jù/ 生病 /shēng bìng/
Chinese Grammars.
1: Word description:“很少”
“很少” (seldom) and “不常” (not often) are synonymous.
“很少” can be used as an adverbial, “很多” cannot.
For example:
很少 吃 馒头。
I seldom eat steamed bread.
很少 看 电影。
Seldom watch movies.
很少 看 电视。
Seldom watch TV.
Wrong usage:很多吃馒头,很多看电视
2: Questions Using “是不是”
If one raises a question and is somehow certain about a fact or situation, they can use this kind of question to confirm their guess. “是不是” (Literally “yes or no”) is usually used before the predicate or at the beginning or end of a sentence.
For example:
你 很少 生病,是不是 喜欢 运动?
You seldom get sick. Do you like sports?
是不是 明天 爸爸 休息?
Is Dad going to have a rest tomorrow?
我们 星期一 去 北京,是不是?
We're going to Beijing on Monday, aren't we?
3: The Pronoun “每”
“每” is used before measure word, indicating each or every individual or group in the whole, for example, “每天” (every day), “每年” (every year), “每个月” (every month), and “每个星期” (every week).
For example:
林娜 每年 都 去 中国 旅游。
Lina travels to China every year.
你 每个 星期六 都 工作 吗?
Do you work every Saturday?
我 每天 六点 起床。
I get up at six every day.
end: