Lesson:60 你们 外语系 有 多少 老师?
How many teachers are there in your foreign language department?
Text 1
林娜: 语言 学院 大 不 大?
Is the language institute very large?
王小云: 不 太 大。
Not very big.
林娜: 语言 学院 有 多少 个 系?
How many departments are there in the language institute?
王小云: 有 十二 个 系。
There are twelve departments.
林娜: 你 喜欢 你们 外语 系 吗?
Do you like your foreign language department?
王小云: 我 很 喜欢 外语系。
I like foreign languages department very much.
林娜: 你们 外语系 有 多少 老师?
How many teachers are there in your foreign language department?
王小云: 外语系 有 二十八 个 中国 老师,十一 个 外国 老师。你们 系 呢?
There are twenty-eight Chinese teachers and eleven foreign teachers in the foreign language department. What about your department?
林娜: 我们 汉语系 很 大。我们 系 的 老师 也 很 多,有 一百 个。他们 都是 中国人。我们 系 没有 外国 老师。
Our Chinese department is very large. There are many teachers, there are one hundred. They are all Chinese. There are no foreign teachers in our department.
Text 2
林娜: 宋华,这是 生日 蛋糕。祝 你 生日 快乐!
Song Hua, this is a birthday cake. Happy birthday to you!
宋华: 谢谢。蛋糕 真 漂亮。你们 来,我 很 高兴。
Thank you. The cake is beautiful. I am glad you have come.
马大为: 今天 我们 吃 北京烤鸭。我 很 喜欢 吃 烤鸭。
Today we have Beijing roast duck. I like roast duck very much.
丁力波: 我们 喝 什么 酒?
What kind of wine do we drink?
王小云: 当然 喝 红葡萄酒,我们 还 吃 寿面。
Of course we drink red wine, and we also eat birthday noodles.
林娜: 吃 寿面?真 有意思。
Eat birthday noodles? That's interesting.
宋华: 林娜,你 的 生日 是 哪天?
What day is your birthday, Linna?
林娜: 十一月十二号。
November 12th.
宋华: 好,十一月十二号 我们 再 来 吃 寿面。
OK, let's eat birthday noodles again in November 12th.
Chinese Character and Word.
再 /zài/ 语 /yǔ/ 百 /bǎi/ 多 /duō/ 少 /shǎo/ 喝 /hē/ 面 /miàn/ 外 /wài/ 鸭 /yā/ 多少 /duō shǎo/ 漂亮 /piào liàng/ 快乐 /kuài lè/ 喜欢 /xǐ huān/ 烤鸭 /kǎo yā/ 外语 /wài yǔ/ 外国 /wài guó/ 寿面 /shòu miàn/ 北京烤鸭 /běi jīng kǎo yā/
Chinese Grammars.
1: Sentence description:太大了
The adverb “太” can be used in a negative construction. “不太” means “不很.....”, so “不太大” means “不很大”, and “不太忙” means “不很忙”. However, when “太” is used in an affirmative construction, such as “太大了”, “太小了” or “太忙”, it often means “too much” or “excessively”.
2: Sentence description:祝你生日快乐!
This is a familiar form of expression used to extend greetings to someone on his / her birthday. “祝 你 .....” is used to express good wishes, sometimes with the implication of “congratulating sb. in advance”, whereas “祝贺你.....” is commonly used to congratulate someone on something that is already known or has already occurred.
For example:
A: 我 下 星期 结婚。
B: 祝贺你。
A: I will get married next week.
B: Congratulations
3: Sentence description:我很喜欢吃烤鸭。
A verb or a verbal phrase can function as the object of the predicative verb.
Just like the “说汉语”, “学习” in the following example.
你 喜欢 说 汉语。
You like to speak Chinese.
我 喜欢 学习。
I like learning.
4: Sentence description:我们还吃寿面。
When celebrating birthdays, a traditional Chinese custom is to eat “longevity noodles”. The length of noodles symbolizes “longevity noodles”.
end: