Lesson:51 你 在 干 什么 呢?
What are you doing?
大卫: 喂,你好!
Hello, How do you do !
玛丽: 喂,大卫,是 我,玛丽。
Hello, David, it's me, Marie.
大卫: 啊,玛丽,你好!
Ah, Marie, how do you do !
玛丽: 大卫,你 在 干 什么 呢?
What are you doing, David?
大卫: 做 作业 呢。
Doing my homework.
玛丽: 是 吗?你 每天 都 有 很 多 作业 吗?
Is it ? Do you have a lot of homework every day ?
大卫: 不是,今天 是 星期三,从 早上 八点 到 中午 十二点,我 有 四 节 课,明天 还 有 听写,所以 作业 很 多。你 呢?在 干 什么 呢?
No, Today is wednesday, from eight a.m. to twelve noon, I have four classes, and I have dictation tomorrow, so I have a lot of homework. What about you? What are you doing?
玛丽: 我 在 酒吧 喝 咖啡 呢。
I am having coffee at the bar.
大卫: 哪个 酒吧?
Which bar?
玛丽: 学校 书店 对面 的 那个。
The one on the opposite side of the school bookstore.
大卫: 你 自己 吗?
Yourself ?
玛丽: 不,还有 我 的 同屋 和 她 的 朋友,他们 正在 唱歌 呢。
No, With my roommate and her friends. They are singing now.
大卫: 明天 你们 没有 课 吗?
Do you have no class tomorrow?
玛丽: 有,我们 十点 就 回 宿舍。
We have, we'll go back to the dorm at ten.
Chinese Character and Word.
在 /zài/ 说 /shuō/ 做 /zuò/ 天 /tiān/ 多 /duō/ 喝 /hē/ 每 /měi/ 节 /jié/ 回 /huí/ 啊 /à/ 唱 /chàng/ 歌 /gē/ 会 /huì/ 干 /gàn/ 喂 /wèi/ 妈妈 /mā ma/ 对面 /duì miàn/ 星期三 /xīng qī sān/ 中午 /zhōng wǔ/ 咖啡 /kā fēi/ 听写 /tīng xiě/ 书店 /shū diàn/ 所以 /suǒ yǐ/ 酒吧 /jiǔ bā/ 自己 /zì jǐ/ 正在 /zhèng zài/
Chinese Grammars.
1: sentence pattern:“( 正在 / 在 ).....呢 ”
“ 正在 ..... 呢 ”,“ 在 ..... 呢 ”,“ ..... 呢 ” are used to indicate an action which is presently in progress or a condition already in existence.
For example:
我 正在 看 电影 呢。
I'm watching a movie.
大卫 正在 喝 啤酒 呢。
David is drinking beer.
张红 在 唱歌 呢。
Zhang Hong is singing.
外面 下雨 呢。
It's raining outside.
你 现在 干 什么 呢?
What are you doing now?
上课 呢。
Having class.
2: “了” Indicating a Change.
“了” is used at the end of a sentence to indicate a change or the occurrence of a new situation.
For example:
李 老师 今年 50 岁 了。
Mr. Li is fifty years old this year.
我 朋友 的 女儿 今年 四 岁 了。
My friend's daughter is four years old this year.
你 女儿 几 岁 了?
How old is your daughter?
3: The Modal Verb “会”
The modal verb “会” is used before a verb, indicating acquiring an ability through learning. It's negative form is “不会”.
For example:
我 会 写 汉字。
I can write Chinese characters.
我 不 会 做 中国 菜。
I can't cook Chinese food.
我 不会 法语。
I can't speak French.
你 妈妈 会 说 汉语 吗?
Can your mother speak Chinese?
4: Extended reading:我会说汉语。
Article audio:
A: 你 会 说 汉语 吗?
B: 我 会 说 汉语。
A: 你 妈妈 会 说 汉语 吗?
B: 她 不 会 说。
----- translate -----
A: Can you speak Chinese?
B: Yes, I can.
A: Can your mother speak Chinese?
B: No, She can't.
end: