Lesson:45 我们 能 不 能 也 九点 上课 ?
Can we have a class at nine?
A: 现在 几点 了?
What time is it now?
B: 九点零五分。
It's five past nine.
A: 时间 不 早 了,我 得 走 了。
It's not early. I have to go.
B: 不 着急,还 早 呢。
No hurry. It's early.
A: 明天 还 得 上课 呢。
We have to have class tomorrow.
B: 没关系。我 每天 晚上 十二点 才 睡觉。
No problem。 I go to bed at twelve every night.
A: 这么 晚?你 早上 几点 起床?
So late? When do you get up in the morning?
B: 七点半。
At seven thirty。
A: 我们 每天 早上 八点 就 上课 了,你 七点半 才 起床?
We have classes as early as eight o'clock every morning. Do you get up at half past seven?
B: 我们 八点 上课。我 觉得 太 早 了。
We have a class at eight. I think it's too early.
A: 在 西班牙,你们 几点 上课?
What time do you have classes in Spain?
B: 九点。明天 我 要 问 老师,我们 能 不 能 也 九点 上课。
9 o'clock。 Tomorrow, I will ask my teacher if we can have lessons at nine.
Chinese Character and Word.
零 /líng/ 早 /zǎo/ 问 /wèn/ 要 /yào/ 还 /hái/ 了 /le/ 晚 /wǎn/ 分 /fēn/ 每 /měi/ 得 /děi/ 走 /zǒu/ 才 /cái/ 没关系 /méi guān xi/ 早上 /zǎo shàng/ 上课 /shàng kè/ 现在 /xiàn zài/ 起床 /qǐ chuáng/ 睡觉 /shuì jiào/ 觉得 /jiào de/ 着急 /zháo jí/ 这么 /zhè me/
Chinese Grammars.
1: sentence pattern:“ 还 ..... 呢 ”
“ 还 ..... 呢 ” is a common structure, A verb or an adjective embedded in the middle. It means to point out the facts. Say with an exaggerated tone.
For example:
他 才 三 岁,还 小 呢,一定 得 早 睡觉。
He is only three years old, and still young, he must go to bed early.
现在 太 晚 了,明天 八点 我们 还 要 工作 呢。
It's too late now. We need to work tomorrow at eight.
不 着急,还 早 呢。
No hurry. It's early.
2: The optative verbs:“得”
The wish verb “得” means an emotional or practical needs, Often used in oral language. Use of “不用” in the negative form.
For example:
明天 还 得 上课 呢。
We have to have class tomorrow.
早上 八点 我 得 上课。
I have to take classes at eight in the morning.
姐姐 得 跟 我 一起 去,弟弟 不用 去。
My sister has to go with me, and my brother doesn't have to go.
3: Adverb “才”
Adverb “才” stress the delay of action, after the subject, before the verb.
For example:
他 八十 岁 才 开始 学习 汉语。
He finally studied Chinese at the age of eighty.
八点 开始 工作,七点半 他 才 起床。
He start work at eight, but he got up at half past seven.
没关系。我 每天 晚上 十二点 才 睡觉。
No problem。 I go to bed at twelve every night.
4: The Adverb “就” (2)
The Adverb “就” can be used to emphasize the early stage of action.
For example:
他 五 岁 就 开始 学习 西班牙 语。
He began to learn Spanish as early as at the age of five.
晚会 八点 开始,七点 他 就 去 了。
The party started at eight, and he went as early as at seven o'clock.
我们 每天 早上 八点 就 上课 了,你 七点半 才 起床?
We have classes as early as eight o'clock every morning. Do you get up at half past seven?
end: