Lesson:40 平时 我 在 学校 食堂 吃饭。
I usually eat in the school canteen.
我 的 同屋 是 中国人,他 在 一 家 汽车 公司 工作。他 每天 都 很 忙,从 早上 八点 到 下午 五点 都 在 公司 上班,有时候 周末 也 去 上班。平时 我 在 学校 食堂 吃饭,他 也 不 在 家 吃饭。休息 的时候,我们 在 家 做饭。我 做 韩国 菜,他 做 中国 菜,我们 一起 吃饭 聊天儿。
My roommate is Chinese, he works in a car company. He is busy every day from eight in the morning to five in the afternoon to work in the company and sometimes to work at weekends. I usually eat in the school canteen, and he doesn't eat at home. When we rest, we cook at home. I do Korean food, he makes Chinese food, we eat and chat together.
Chinese Character and Word.
家 /jiā/ 在 /zài/ 到 /dào/ 菜 /cài/ 从 /cóng/ 同屋 /tóng wū/ 学校 /xué xiào/ 工作 /gōng zuò/ 时候 /shí hòu/ 公司 /gōng sī/ 食堂 /shí táng/ 汽车 /qì chē/ 上班 /shàng bān/ 周末 /zhōu mò/ 平时 /píng shí/ 的时候 /de shí hòu/ 做饭 /zuò fàn/ 聊天儿 /liáo tiān r/ 有时候 /yǒu shí hòu/
Chinese Grammars.
1: Preposition 在(2)
“在” is a preposition. “在 + 地方” is put before a verb and used as an adverbial of place.
For example:
S + P [ Adv + 在 + Location + V + O ]
他 不 在 家 吃 饭。
He doesn't eat at home.
我 常常 在 宿舍 上 网。
I often surf the Internet in my dorm.
S + P [ 在 + Location + V ]
他们 在 公园 见面。
They meet in the park.
2: Structure: 从 ..... 到 .....
The structure “从 ..... 到 .....” means “from ..... to .....” or “from ..... till .....” to connect words of time or place. It is before a verb or an adjective.
For example:
从 八点 到 十一点半,我 读 书。
From eight to half past eleven, I read book.
从 星期一 到 星期五,我 都 很 忙。
I'm very busy from Monday to Friday.
从 下午 五点 到 六点 看 电视。
Watch TV from five to six in the afternoon.
从 这儿 到 图书馆 有 一千 米。
It's a kilometer from here to the library.
3: Structure: adverbials(time) + adverbials(place)
When there are both adverbials of time and place in the same sentence, the adverbial of time comes before the adverbial of place.
S + P [ adverbials(time) + adverbials(place) + V + O ]
我 昨天 上午 在 图书馆 看 书。
I read in the library yesterday morning.
他 现在 在 朋友 家 吃 晚饭。
He is now having dinner at a friend's house.
Sometimes the adverbial of time is placed before the subject.
adverbials(time) + S + P [ adverbials(place) + V + O ]
今年 我 在 中国 学习 汉语。
I study Chinese in China this year.
上午 我 在 学校 上课。
I have a class in the school in the morning.
4: The usage of punctuation marks (2)
Colon(:):It denotes something is to be followed.
For example:
我 家 有 四 口 人:爸爸、妈妈、弟弟 和 我。
There are four people in my family: Dad, mother, Younger brother and me.
妈妈 说:早点 睡觉。
Mother said: go to bed early.
Slight-pause mark(、):It denotes a pause among short coordinate words in a sentence.
For example:
我 家 有 四 口 人:爸爸、妈妈、弟弟 和 我。
There are four people in my family: Dad, mother, Younger brother and me.
我们 班 有 美国 人、日本 人、韩国 人。
There are Americans, Japanese and Koreans in our class.
5: Classroom expressions (2)
我们 今天 学习 第 二 课。
We learn second lessons today.
请 大家 打开 书,翻 到 第 9 页。
Please open the book and turn to page ninth.
end: