Lesson:18 汉字 很 难。
Chinese characters are difficult.
麦克: 请问,你 贵姓?
Excuse me, what's your first name?
张东: 我 姓 张。
My first name is zhang.
麦克: 你 叫 什么 名字?
What's your name?
张东: 我 叫 张东。
My name is Zhang Dong.
麦克: 你 是 哪 国 人?
Where are you from?
张东: 我 是 中国 人。你 是 哪 国 人?
I am Chinese。 Where are you from?
麦克: 我 是 美国 人。
I'm American.
张东: 你 学习 什么?
What are you studying?
麦克: 我 学习 汉语。
I study chinese.
张东: 汉语 难 吗?
Is Chinese difficult?
麦克: 汉字 很 难,发音 不 太 难。
Chinese characters are difficult, and pronunciation is not too difficult.
Chinese Character and Word.
东 /dōng/ 难 /nán/ 请问 /qǐng wèn/ 张东 /zhāng dōng/ 发音 /fā yīn/ 汉字 /hàn zì/ 麦克 /mài kè/
Chinese Grammars.
1: Sentences with an Adjectival Predicate
There's no need to use “是” between the subject and adjective when the adjective concerned is used as the predicate. Usually an adverb of degree, such as “很” or “非常”, is added before the adjective.
For example:
S + P [ adv. + adj. ]
我 很 忙。
I'm very busy。
我 很 好。
I'm very fine。
风景 非常 漂亮。
The scenery is very beautiful.
中国 菜 很 好吃。
Chinese food is very delicious.
The negative form is
S + P[ “不” + adj. ]
我 不 忙。
I am not busy。
我 不 好。
I'm not fine.
风景 不 漂亮。
The scenery is not beautiful.
中国 菜 不 好吃。
Chinese food is not good.
2: The Adverb “太”
The Adverb “太” indicates a high degree. “了” is often used at the end of the sentences with “太”, but not in negative sentences.
For example:
太 热 了。
It's too hot.
天气 太 冷 了。
The weather is too cold.
我 身体 不 太 好。
I'm not very well.
end: